2001 Grand AM GT "Brake Light On"

My 2001 Grand AM GT has the brake indicator light on. Not the ABS. When the light is on, my cruise doesn't work. It came on and off intermitantly for a while but now it stays on constantly. When it comes on the cruise also quits working and when it goes off the cruise starts working. Any ideas?

Thanks

Reply to
Radyckle's News

check your brake fluid level

Reply to
M.C. Tee

Sounds like front brakes are worn and the fluid is low.

Reply to
Tj

This will make the cruise controll not work?

Reply to
Radyckle

hi I have a 2000 Grand Am Gt I was wonding if add the fluid help. I have check the fluid, it was a little above the min line.

Reply to
foreman202

I added some brake fluid and the light went away

Reply to
foreman202