2001 Grand Am Se

Hi all I just became a Pontiac owner again last weekend and am now thinking ahead to the winter.The car came with 225/50R/16 tires on aluminum wheels and I am wondering if I can change the wheels to the 215/60R/15 that is available on other Grand Am's. Are the bolt pattern's the same from wheel to wheel? I would just like to remove the aluminum wheels for the winter and be able to put a decent snowtire on . Also does anyone have any experiences (good or bad) with the traction control on these cars? My wife will be driving the car most of the time and I'd like some other peoples thought on this car. Thanks for any input.

Reply to
E.MacDougall

I have the 2001 Grand Am with Traction control, and living in upstate NY I can tell you that last winter the traction control worked just great its the best car i've driven in snow so far. Real deep snow you can forget it, its better to have the traction off.

As far as the snow tires I can't answer that questi> Hi all

Reply to
bp

Thanks for the input.I'll keep that in mind about the deep snow.We tend to get our fair share and then some here in Nova Scotia.

Reply to
E.MacDougall