2001 Grand AM SE

I really need some help I have a 2001 Grand AM SE it just quit working I drove it in the driveway all the lights on the dash came on and the trunk lid popped open. When I tried to restart the car the car would not start it rolls and acts like it will start but kicks out after about 3 seconds. I took the car to the deelers they said it was the body module and it would cost me 1200 to fix (umm with kids to close to exmas) so I had it towed home I recently put a new module in the car same year and make I am still having the same issues I changed the plugs as well I also checked to make sure that the car was getting gas and it is I listened and you can hear the gas pump running I am now lost the battery is fully charged the lights come on like normal now but the car will die after about 3 seconds.... Need some help any suggestion please!!!

Reply to
lpca

First - Please use a more proper or even "nearly" proper level of punctuation. Your post takes more effort to read through than it should and if you want people to help out, you have to make it a bit easier for them to do so.

So - after you put in the body module, do you still have the problem with the trunk popping open, etc., or are you now at a point where the car simply will not run after you release the starter?

Does the car actually start and run for a few seconds and then simply die - in other words, up to the point that it dies, does it seem normal?

Is the started disengaging when you let off the key?

Do you have any aftermarket equipment such as remote start or the likes installed?

Simple, but often overlooked - have you checked all of the fuses?

Reply to
Mike Marlow

You say you "recently put a new module in the car same year and make". I take it you mean you replaced the body control module with another one from another Grand Am. I don't know everything about Body Control Modules (BCM's) but from what I do know, at least about my car, the new BCM has to be the

*exact* same one as the old one. Especially the same Part Number. If it is not, then it is useless to your car. I had this problem with the BCM on my '96 Bonnie. I thought it went (long story), so I replaced it with another one from a '96 Bonnie. Didn't work right at all, because the Bonnie I got it from had different options then the Bonnie I own. Basically, if I were you, I would make sure the part numbers on both BCM's match. Sometimes just because they are both from a '01 Grand Am, doesn't mean they will work.
Reply to
80 Knight