2001 Grand Am turn signals intermittent failure

Why would they work some times, but not always. May be coincidence, I turn on hazard lights fora few seconds and then the turn signals will work. Both sides fail. Since there is no flasher, I assume they are computer controlled. It is the wife's car, so I am worried about all who get near her on the road. ( And of course, Her too) snipped-for-privacy@ameritech.net

Reply to
GEORGE S JAYNES

Write down your VIN, and call your dealer to see if this applies to your GA:

Product Safety - Turn Signals/Hazard Warning Flashers Inoperative #03043A - (Mar 8, 2004)

03043A -- Turn Signal/Hazard Warning Flashers Inoperative

2000-2001 Chevrolet Malibu

2000-2001 Oldsmobile Alero 2000-2001 Pontiac Grand Am

It seems there was a bad solder joint, in the hazard warning flasher switch, on some models, from the factory. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Do this please! The symptoms you describe were exactly what happened to my 2000 Gr AM and it was the switch. The dealer replaced it in about 45 minutes. I signed my name and left. Zero cost and zero problems since then.

Up until I got it fixed it got worse and worse so don't wait.

Reply to
Drumstick

There is a recall for this....Look it up at

the solder joints come loose in the switch and it cracks....Hope this helps

Reply to
Radyckle