Turn signals not working 2000 WJ

Hi all,

I just noticed my turn signals were not working, nor the hazard switch, nor do they blink with the remote keyfob.

The fusebox seems to only have a fuse for the hazards, and that fuse is good.

I have a feeling I'm going to have to pull all the turn lamps, but is there anything else I should be looking for first? Is there another fuse for the turn signals, and where's the flasher located?

Many thanks! Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Darling

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Strangely, as I drove on the highway last night with my flasher switch accidentally left on, the turn signals came back to life on their own.

With the info you gave me, I can try to track down what happened, before it happens again.

Many thanks! Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Darling

Turn signals/hazard worked for a day, then out, then worked again, now out for good it seems. Called dealer, they say it's the multifunction switch, but I'm not so sure, as the lights also don't flash for the remote key fob... a totally different signal source.

I still can't seem to find the flasher location on my 2000 Grand Cherokee. I don't see any junction block like that under the dash. Does anyone know where exactly to look for the signal/hazard flasher location? Do I need to pull any of the dash panels?

Many thanks again, Kev

Reply to
Kevin Darling

But that circuitry still runs through that switch. :)

Jerry

-- Jerry Bransford PP-ASEL N6TAY See the Geezer Jeep at

Jerry Bransford

Thank you for the reply, but does it? The manual page posted above says the flasher module works from a control signal from either the turn lever, the hazard switch, or the body control module. I assumed the remote fob flash comes from the latter. (?)

Kev

Reply to
Kevin Darling

Reply to