2001 Pontiac Bonneville SLE

Just bought a gently used 2001 Bonneville SLE. Although I was aware it was loaded with options, people have been asking me why it had this feature/that feature and is not an SSEi. Well for example, it has the engine of an SLE and it does not have the heads up display, but someone who has a 2001 SLE has the fog lamps towards the outsides of the front. Mine are more in the center. The only apparent difference other than that would be that mine is silver, theirs is white and I know that's irrelevent. Also, does anyone have any ideas as to how I might go about trading in my 20 spoke alloy wheels (yuck!) to the sportier chrome "star" looking wheels that come on the ssei's? Thanks.

Reply to
Dawn

With an SE, SLE, or SSEi you can get just about any option you want added or dropped. Only the SSEi will always have a supercharged engine. Not sure about the fog light set up... May or may not be an option to pick but I've never seen it listed.

Reply to
Bon·ne·ville

The SLE & the SSEi (2000 & newer Bonnevilles) share the same exterior body features that make them different from the SE. This includes the front & rear fascia (bumpers basically) and the side door moldings as well as list of other options. The other person's Bonneville (white) sounds like it is an SE model, not an SLE. SLE & SSEi have the fog lights near the center, SE has them lower & farther out to the sides. In reference to the wheels, are you looking for the 5 spoke chrome "swoosh" wheels that were optional for that year? There are places you can search on the web for OEM wheels. Sorry I don't have a link, but I've been to a couple of sites looking myself, can't remember names.

-- markwb

2001 Bonneville SLE
Reply to
markwb

You can't trade in your wheels at a dealer if that's what your getting at. You could try selling them after you get the chrome ones. or keep them, buy four extra tires and run the aluminum wheels in the winter ( if your in the snow belt ).

Good Luck.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~275,068 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face