Bonneville Stereo Upgrade

Hey again all. Well, the new tensioner seems to be working well. The only problem (that I have had for over 2 months) is the steering wheel gets really hard to turn while the car is not moving very fast. Like if I am backing into a parking spot or whatnot. Anyhow, that is not what I am looking for at the moment. What I am looking for now is information on getting my '96 Bonneville SE to sound as good as a Bonneville SSE/SSEi. I am mostly sure that the SSE/SSEi's have an amp somewhere in the car, but where would it be? Does my car have an amp in it, but just not one as powerful as the SSE/i's?

The last car I had was a '97 Cutlass Supreme, and it had incredible sound and bass from the front speakers (2 on each door, same as in my Bonneville), so I swapped the speakers from car to car, but the Cutlass's speakers sounded the same as the Bonneville speakers did. I then put the Bonneville speakers into the Cutlass and they sounded incredible. So, I assume there is an amp somewhere in the Bonneville, but where? I have junk yards around me who would sell me an SSE/i amp dirt cheap, but where is it located in the car and what would I have to do to hook it into mine?

By the way, the stereo in my Bonneville is a stock Delco Am/FM/CD player with the equalizer and what not.

Thanks anyone for your help.

Reply to
80 Knight