2004 - 2006 GTO Black box?

simple question. Does the new GTO have one of thse black boxes/data recorders?

All late model air bag equipped cars have this, 2002 on I believe.

-
Just GM?
Shep wrote:

No, all late air bag equipped cars/trucks.

-
Shep wrote:

Hmmm... I dunno about that. Back in 2004 I asked the same questionabotu Acuras and the resonse was negative. I'll confirm, thanks for the info though.
The dealers are somewhat ignorant about this if that's who you asked, sirs modules have had the ability record, speed, throttle angle, brake status and seat belt usage, but only certain agencys are authorized to access this info.

-
You can ask the shop manager to check. The 4th generation F-Bodies and 1993 Corvettee forward have them.
Insurance companies and courts do go after the data. Google around, there is a web site that discusses the box. But, don't recall the address. The original intent as sold to the public back in 93 was to collect "real life air bag deployment data'.
My two cents.