2005 GTP Transmission problems

I have a 2005 Grand Prix GTP, with the manual shift (automatic) performance option. The car has 35,600 + miles, warranty about to expire. Recently the transmission has started to feel funny, seems to hunt back and forth in high gear (fourth). Feels like the lockup torque converter is engaging/disengaging, and the tach reflects this. This occurs at steady speed or very light acceleration. It has happened rapidly, like a racheting effect, once or twice. Hopefully just a problem with the lockup control. I can put it in manual mode and drive in fourth and it does not seem to happen. Maybe the lockup torque converter does not lock up in manual 4th.

Anyone else have this problem? I had a 98 GTP and went through two transmissions, but both times the warranty had already expired - first time about 97,000 miles, again on the rebuilt one about 30,000 miles later. That is making me pretty nervous.

I do not race the car and most of the mileage is highway miles. I have a 69 GTO and a built 75 T/A for racing.

Thanks TA

Reply to
transam

Shep

Reply to
transam

Reply to
Shep

my 2006 GP(auto, no tap shift) did the same thing from day one during the winter months, seems fine during summer months. took it to the dealer first month, got the usual run around. same symptoms exactly.

Reply to
danocanada