2005 Vibe impressions anyone?

I might be buying a Vibe GT 2005.I do not know anyone who owns one but I really like this little car.Anyone have any comments or impressions of it? Thanks in advance Wayne Albany,NY

Reply to
Wayne Redick

Just bought a Base model Vibe, had it about a week.

SWEET !!

A Toyota Matrix, and I got the GM employee pricing and $2000 other rebates too. Local Toyota dealer wouldn't budge on the price, said he couldn't keep'em on the lot.

John

Reply to
John Karpich

Reply to
Polar Bear

I heard the MPG was good on it.I have 3 test drives scheduled to this saturday.Thanks to all who replied. Wayne

"Polar Bear" wrote

Reply to
Wayne Redick

Well ... What do you think ?

Reply to
John Karpich

I liked it.Handled well on corners and good reaction on braking.I really see no big advantage to the GT version over the base model. I have another quote I am waiting on and then I think I will become a Viber Operator .Vib-rator? Thanks Wayne

Reply to
Wayne Redick

Reply to
Wayne Redick

"Wayne Redick" wrote in news:oNSJe.5850$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.nyroc.rr.com:

I picked up an '05 GT in March and I love it! I tested the base, and it just didn't have enought power at higher speed for me. I do a lot of highway driving, and when I want to pass someone with the GT I can, I didn't think I'd have enough with the base. Plus the 6-speed is sweet, and the stereo is great for factory.

Reply to
void

Looks like crap...its all I can say about it.

Reply to
Austrodamous Jones

I've had one since August. I like it. Debated between Matrix and Pontiac and because of rotten sales people at 3 Toyota dealers I went with the Vibe. It gives me flexibility to carry bigger stuff in the back and gets good mileage. gjd

Reply to
GaryD

I got my '05 GT in March and I love it! I haven't had any problems with it, and the mileage keeps getting better with each fill (I'm at about

25mpg average, and I have a heavy foot). It spins pretty easy in the snow with the stock tires, but I just got some winter grips and all is well now. Take it for a test drive first to see if you like the driving position. The wheel and shifter are quite far forward, and require you to drive with your arms straight out. It took me a bit to get used to, but now I love it!

BR

"GaryD" wrote in news:437eaeda$1 snipped-for-privacy@newspeer2.tds.net:

Reply to
void