Latest threads in Pontiac Cars Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Leaking fuel from fuel pump assembly????
Ok Im having a gas leak, had it up on the hoist and a mechanic is telling its coming from my fuel pump assembly where everything goes into the tank in the very back. My question is as to avoid...

Nissan Stops Selling Altima, 97k recalled.
1
1

chevy venture missing, jumping (long)
I have a 1998 Chevy Venture minivan with 210,000 miles. For the past seven month, the van has had a miss or stumble that occurs occasionally. It seems to happen most while traveling on the interstate...

Nissan to Buy GM!!!!??
57
57

Wheel Bearing Hub Assembly Replacement Guide
My brother and I replaced both my front wheel bearing hub assemblies on my '01 Pontiac Grand Prix this weekend. I took pictures and wrote up a repair guide to help anyone with a GM E-Body or W-body...

overheating
I have a 1989 Pontiac Grand Am. If I go some place it spits out water through the over flo hose. I flushed the system and refilled it with antifreeze mix and it's still doing it. After it looses water...
3
3

1998 Grand Prix problems
I have a 1998 Grand Prix that has been having electrical problems. There are times when the keyless entry will have a very short range and the Viper remote starter seems to fail right around the same...
1
1

is 17mpg ok for a 1993 bonneville?
Hey all my wifes car 93 bonneville non supercharged is only getting 17mpg. That doesnt seem right to me. It is not giving any codes and runs great. Should I just do a tune up and go from there. Can I...
9
9

91 grand am ticking noise
i havethis 96 grand am. 3100 engine has a lifter type noise in engine. changed lifters,pushrods and rocker arms. gets quieter as you drive but does come back. noise is bad enough knock sensor picks it...

Brake Shoes on 97 GA..do I need special tools?
About to replace shoes for the first time on this car. Has original shoes at 130k miles. First time replacing shoes on a grand am, do I need any special tools. Will a screw driver, pliers and vice...
1
1

Whats a good procedure for ridding an air-lock? 95 sunfire
Car runs fine, coolant boils out 1-5 minutes after shutting off engine. On a long trip (60 minutes) I notice steam coming from the hood. Tempature gague goes normal. Temp sensor, thermostat and...
4
4

Firebird RPM while idling
What is the recommended/best RPM when the car is idling or in park? I got a 1994 Pontiac Firebird (3.4 V6, automatic) and after I had my AC recharged, it's idling at around 1500 RPM, it used to idle...
1
1

99Grand Am - Anti-theft?
My daughter called last night at midnight when she got out of work. She'd started her car with her remote starter, but when she got in the car, she thinks she hit something on the fob, the car...
3
3

G6 Stereo
I have an '05 G6 with the single CD stereo. Does anyone know if that stereo has an AUX jack on the back to plug in an MP3 player? Thanks.
1
1

Fuel Pump wont shut off
I have a 1999 sunfire GT 2.4 l I had a bad motor replaced the motor and hooked everything back up when hooked battery back up fuel pump engages and will not shut off. I unplugged fuel relay and fuel...
3
3