88 Grand AM

I'm thinking of buying an 88 Grand AM and fixing the few minor probs to it then selling it again. Anyone know of any major things to look for or should I just go through the hundreds of TSB's and hope none of them apply to that particular vehicle? :) Thanks,

- Brendan

Reply to
Brendan

Yea, if its a V-6 3.0, replace the timing gear set. The whole thing. I had a

87 GA with 3.0 and it had a plastic timing set. Caused major internal damage at 3000RPM no load when the cam shaft gear stripped.

Good Luck

Reply to
Mike