88 Sunbird Front Brake Pads

I just replaced rotors and pads on my 88 Sunbird 2.0 A/T PB.The outer pads on both sides were worn completely out,inner pads like new,only one piston caliper.Is this normal?I thought they should wear down close to the same thickness? Thanks for any replies Bobby

Reply to
bobby swift

This sometimes happens when the calipers seize on the spindle slide and only one set of pads is engaged. Better have a look at calipers and mounting bolts etc.

Ray

Reply to
Raynaud

Thanks Ray, The calipers are suppose to slide on the bushings the bolts go thru.I'll take them back down when this heat wave passes,and knock the bushing out of the caliper and grease them.Makes sense to me! Have A Great Day! Bobby

Reply to
bobby swift