remote keyless programming (1999 Chevy Venture).

Well I recently bought two extra keyless remotes to be backups for my van 1999 CHevy Venture. So I got information on how to program it from the web e.g. pull BCM PRGRM fuse from panel to start programming. I actually got the remotes to program and afterwards it was able to lock/unlock the doors and power sliding doors etc. The problem is that as soon as I got one remote to work, the other two stop working. What do you have to do to make it possible to program all 3 at once?

Reply to
Joseph

Try these instructions:

  1. Remove key from ignition.
  2. Remove the "BCM PRGRM" fuse from the fuse panel, accessed by opening the front passenger door. Use the legend on the fuse panel to properly locate the "BCMPRGRM" fuse.
  3. Close all of the doors.
  4. Close the liftgate.
  5. Insert keys into the ignition, and turn the ignition lock cylinder to ACC (one click towards you - the opposite direction from starting the engine).
  6. Turn the ignition lock cylinder to OFF, and then back to ACC within
1 second.
  1. Open and close any vehicle door. A chime will be heard when the system enters the programming mode.
  2. Press and hold the transmitter LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously for 14 seconds. IMPORTANT: After 7 seconds, a chime may be heard confirming successful synchronization. It is necessary to wait approximately 14 seconds for a second chime that will confirm successful programming. Your new remote has been accepted and all existing remote codes have been erased.
  3. Repeat the previous step on each additional transmitter to be programmed (including any existing transmitters).
  4. Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder.
  5. Install the "BCM PRGRM" fuse back into the fuse panel.

Remember to program the other 2 remotes you have *before* step 10 and 11. If not, the other two won't work.

Reply to
80 Knight

Thanks. So which step do you repeat? Just step 8? or 6,7,8? or just

7,8?
Reply to
Joseph

Just 8. After you have done step 8 with all remotes, proceed to step 10, and

11.
Reply to
80 Knight

Be sure to repeat Step 8 for each remote. You will hear a chime after each remote is programmed.

Regards, KeylessRide Team

mike