92 grand prix idle

hi all got a car that when i start it, jumps to about 3000rmps and runs there for about 5 mins and then starts to come down, stomping on gas or turning off then on dosent seem to help and hubby is a ford man so he said it was throttle positon sensor but when he lifted hood he just laughed and said u figure it out, so PLEASE if you can help. thanks

Reply to
mom49319

They used to have a fast idle cam, that could be lowered to stop this, and maybe even the regular idle. I just got an '88 Grand Prix which is my first fuelie, but it has a beautiful idle.

Greg

fugitive