93 Bonni starter question..

I have a 92 Bonneville SE question. It has 213,000 miles and it.

Just yesterday I got in and tried to start it. The lights were on and when I turned the key, the lights on the dash went out and it didn't even click. I wiggled the gear lever tried it again and bam, started just fine.

The battery is fully charged and deep cell checked and is only 5 months old. Sear Gold Diehard.

I noticed when it starts normally the dash lights and displays go out for that brief second until it starts which is normal. It did it again this morning.

Is it the starter or something in the gear shifter not quite being in park or something?

Lannie

Reply to
LS

Bonnevilles R Kewl

I noticed if I wiggle the ignition with the key back and forth before starting it, works every time. Is it the ignition switch?

Reply to
LS

I have 181,000 miles on my 93 and I just replace the starter a few months ago and it was doing the same thing as yours. If I turn it of and then on a few times, it would start but the starter was not that expensive so I just replaced it.

Jimmy

LS wrote:

Reply to
jim

Put the air compressor nozzle up to the ignition and blew the hell out of it. Working every time now.

LS

Reply to
LS