What is the Prius cargo capacity with the rear seats down?

Edmunds list the Prius cargo space with the rear seats up as 14.4 cubic feet. What is the cargo space with the rear seats down?
http://www.edmunds.com/new/2008/toyota/prius/100920075/specs.html
Can someone look in the Prius owners manual and tell me what the Prius cargo space is with the rear seats down?
Thanks.
Walter
In 3 years of living with it - and before having owned both a Range Rover and a BMW X5 - enough! Enuff said?
Chas

Having just re-read what I wrote above I don't think it came across very well at all. So much for knee-jerk replies after a few beers :-( Apologies to everyone.
What I was really trying to say (but not doing it very well) is that I have no idea what the load carrying capacity is, either in terms of cu ft or weight, but what I do know is that when I first saw the available space (in the showroom) I was a little concerned about the shallow boot (trunk). However, in the 3 years that I've owned it I can honestly say that it hasn't been a problem - everything I've wanted to move around I have been able to move around. The singular exception was last summer, when I put roof bars and a roof box on to help with 4 adults' luggage on a 3 week touring holiday. If the original OP has a specific issue or requirement then none of this is in the least helpful.
Regards
Humble Pie
replying to Chas Gill, almayberry wrote: Nope = not even close to meaning anything at all!

My manual gives the cargo capacity by weight but not by volume.
Was Istoben wrote:

No help when transporting ping pong balls...
I could not find this in the 2008 manual. You might try http://www.toyota.com

Now that we know the issue is ping pong balls measuring 40mm in diameter, the answer is 24,552. Approximately.
Of course, that's with the crossbar removed, no mat, and the spare and its cover removed.
Subtract two if the windows have been tinted.
And, if it's ok to flatten them you can carry about six times as many. That would be about 150,000 balls, each weighing about 1/10 of an ounce. So 15,000 ounces or not far from 1000 pounds.
Put some air in the tires...
Sylvia wrote:

And be sure to use the external mirrors.
I have sent your ? to: http://www.priuschat.com

. . .

Google up "Prius bail hay". The answer is:
". . . "And we can put one in the front seat," said Maurice Chavez. Soon, the three guys had the Prius absolutely jammed full with five bales of hay. Only the driver's seat remained hay-free. . . ."
Bob Wilson
How many times did the vacuum needed to be emptied when all the hay was removed?

On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 19:50:00 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Bob & Holly Wilson) wrote:

Four bales of hay behind the front seats?
The problem is that "bale" is virtually meaningless. A large square bale is 3 x 3 x 8; I sincerely doubt that more than 2 could be gotten into a Prius without unbaling the hay. A large round bale is 4 x 4, and is too big to get into a Prius, regardless. Many smaller sizes of bale are made, of course. 2 x 2 x 4 seems to be a common smaller bale, as it is possible handle one manually.
Peter Granzeau wrote:

Probably hayseed-sized and quality bales from Home Depot...

Well, this is an illustration of how much you have without the seats folded:
http://fuelzilla.com/gardening-with-toyota-prius/
With seats folded you add to the total volume at least twice as much. I would venture a guess that you would overload the suspension/engine before you run out of space carrying anything but cotton balls or maybe empty carton boxes which I did a lot during my recent move. I basically moved the entire household on a Prius (sans furniture and appliances of course)
##-----------------------------------------------## Web access courtesy http://fuelzilla.com http://fuelzilla.com/groups / Environmentally Friendly Driving Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.autos.toyota.prius - 4552 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##