95 Grand Am Fuel Pump

My 95 Grand Am SE is at the mechanics waiting to have a fuel pump replaced. I know roughly how much the part will cost me but I wondered if anyone could give me a labor time for R&R on this? Just don't want to get burned... Thanks

Reply to
emberskye

labor should be 2.4 hrs normal 60 dollar per hr so would be around $144.00 labor to change pump but then the fuel filter should be changed also about .3 hrs labor $18.00 bucks for that don't use nothing but a acdelco pump in your car or you will be changeing the pump agin and paying the labor twice

Reply to
rabbit

rofl @ 60/hr, must not be dealership labor costs...

I think EMPLOYEE costs at my dealership are 66/hr.

Reply to
Paradox

Yes, 60 is very low. In Houston the normal dealer rate is $100-$125/ hr.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

Reply to
rabbit

I have been told here in Southern Oregon that $60/hr is close to the going rate. I just really wanted to make sure they didn't try to fool me into paying for 6 or 8 hours of labor. Thank you so much for all your help!! I truly appreciate it!

Reply to
emberskye