'96 Grand Am SE Cylinder misfire

I've had my engine light on and off for a couple monthes now and the car has just started to run rough. Everything has been tested and passed with flying colors. Coil paks good, spark plugs and wires good, tested perfect for compression. It's odd cuz i had it on a diagnostic scanner and took it on a 20 min run, the only time it misfired was at idle when i sat for a while and that's the way its always been. and it is only one cylinder?! What the hell? Anyone got any advice? Everyone I've talked to hasn't got a clue, help me out!!

Reply to
mikeyboy

Codes? Have you already repaired the antifreeze leak?

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

There was an antifreeze leak a while back which was a leaking water pump. I got that replaced, now the only code that comes up is a cylinder one misfire. The engine light only comes on at certain times too

Reply to
mikeyboy

Try switching coils and see if the misfire follows the coil. You could also swap injectors and look for misfire to follow that injector. It's unusual that you have not had the manifold antifreeze leak fixed by now - assuming you have more than 25k miles on the engine.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

There was a previous owner who probably had that fixed because I have never had that problem, I bought the car with 63k miles on it. I already switched coil packs and injectors and it didn't change anything, its still the 1st cylinder no matter what

Reply to
mikeyboy

Hmm... That pretty well narrows it down to bad signal to the injector, ignition module, or bad intake gasket. Try a noid light or scope on the injector. Swap ign.mod with a known good one - use plenty of elec grease.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul