96 sunfire sparkknock

I just rebuilt the 2.2 engine in my car. I have an awfull sparkknock when i put a load on it. I had it scaned and i had to change a couple of sensors still the same thing. I put a crank out of a 98 2.2 engine in my

  1. Are the 2 different on the crank sensor ring on the crankshaft making it run out of time? I checked it with a vaccum guage and it's running "late ign timing". I checked with my local dealer and they said that it is a defferent part number for the 2 but cant tell me what the difference is. Is there a way to fix this problem without tearing the engine apart? Maybe change the codes in the computed to advance the timing to where it should be? Spent alote of money on this and getting very frustrated so any help at all would gladly be appreciated...
Reply to
hexto