97 GTP problem with DIC false alarms

In the past 2 weeks my GTP has been alarming that the trunk is open incorrectly, it flashes and beeps and I have to get out, pop the trunk and close it again to make it stop.

Last night when leaving work I walked out the door and the car flashed the lights like I hit the unlock/truck release, even tho I never touched it. I am wondering if there is a short making the car think the truck release is getting hit but not actually doing it (as the trunk is secured when I go look).

I checked the latch assembly and everything looked OK to my untrained eye.

I'd be interested in some suggestions.

Reply to
NoOne

Well, I don't think I'll be saying much that you don't already know or haven't tried. But it sounds like a short to me, or a relay problem. My girlfriends car has a problem of the clips coming loose that hold the wiring to the trunk, and then they get caught in the 'arm' of the trunk. Thankfully so far nothing odd has come from it. Just an idea for you.

Tony

Reply to
Tony V.