98 grand am problem

my gear selector every once in a while wont leat me turn the key all the way to off and if I put it down to drive and back up into park then it will release does any one know what could cuase this?

Reply to
Gary

Make sure your gear handle is tight and all the way down on the shaft. Bang it down with your hand then try it.

Reply to
Jebadiah Springfield

I have a 98 Grand Prix GT, and my car is doing the same thing as Gary's. Only I can never get the key out, even with banging on the gear handle, shaking it, and various other attempts. Any ideas anybody?

Drew

Reply to
Drew

If the handle isnt loose I havnt a clue.

Reply to
Jebadiah Springfield