98 Grand Prix Problem

The car runs great except for one problem. When accellerating to increase the speed while already driving or going up hills the car starts to miss. And i can feel it jerking pretty hard. I have replaced the spark plugs, sp wires, fuel filter and had the injectors cleaned. It didnt help one bit. Thinking it might be the tranny. Or could it be something to do with the emissions. Any help would be nice.

Reply to
russPH

Check the fuel pressure.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

I had that problem too.

It is discussed more in:

Believe it or not, I changed out my blower motor resistor, and the problem quit. I don't know how the systems could be related, but mine used to buck up hills when slowly accelerating all the time, and now it has not done it in 3 weeks.

It's an electrical problem rather than a tranny problem. Whenever it starts to do it, tap the brake with your left foot. Not enough for the brake to actually engage, but just enough for the brake lights to come on. It will quit for a second.

Reply to
jay

If it was the blower motor resistor did you notice anything wrong with your blower?

Reply to
russPH