98 Sunfire whines from gas tank

My 98 Sunfire first started acting up this spring, it would suddenly lose power when I pushed on the gas peddle. After some fiddling around, (I am not mechanically inclined AT ALL) I heard something click when I pushed on it (it turned out to be the fuel pump fuse, which I replaced) and the car would start. This would happen whent he car was hot. I have also gotten the cooling system flushed, and it doesn't overheat as much. The car is doing the same thing, but now the fuse next to it is getting hot, I will probably replace that one too. The car will start again after I push down on the fuses. But now, just where the gas tank is, (so I'm told) there is a terrible whining, first just when the gas was low. It seems to do it more now. Are all these things related? What is the problem here, I was told the fuel pump is going. I'm hoping the fuse change will fix it, or am I just dreaming?

Reply to
Stally

Travis King

Reply to