A/C compressor in 1992 Pontiac Transsport

Is the A/C compressor in a 1992 Pontiac Transsport compatible with a 1995 Chevy Lumina? They look like essentially the same minivan except one is a
Pontiac and the other is a Chevy. I would like to take the A/C compressor out of the Transsport and use it to replace the bad compressor in the Lumina. Is this possible?
Thanks
On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 21:51:20 -0400, "Hussin"

Are they both 3.8 liter engines? If so they will fit. If one is a 3.1, you are likely out of luck.
"clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada" wrote in message wrote:

That's good to hear. Thanks. They are both 3.8 liter engines. I've never done a job like that before. What is involved?
Thanks
Better check this out, 95 Luminas did not have a 3.8 engine.

My father had one with a 3.1 liter engine and mine does have a 3.8 liter engine. It's on the manual, the title, the registration and I can certainly tell the difference between my Lumina and a 3.1 liter.

The 95 Lumina only came with the 3.1 or the 3.4 engines.
The 95 Lumina APV came with the 3.1 or the 3.8 engines

Sorry. Forgot the APV part
Planet earth calling!!

They most certainly WERE available in 95 with a 3.8. Was optional from 1992 on. (Standard on the TransSport, IIRC, from 1993 on)

Where did he say it was an APV, as I said the Lumina , 95, never had a 3.8!! <clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada> wrote in message wrote:

He said, and I quote directly, "Is the A/C compressor in a 1992 Pontiac Transsport compatible with a 1995 Chevy Lumina? They look like essentially the same minivan except one is a Pontiac and the other is a Chevy"
It clearly states it is a LUMINA MINIVAN that looks like essentially the same minivan as the Pontiac Transport.
I guess you don't bother reading the whole post when you think you caught an error, eh?
<clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada> wrote in message

Hey Clare, when you get to the point where you have helped as many people on here as Shep has, you have the right to criticize. Until then, shut up.

Sorry. I just wanted to ask a question. I didn't mean to start an argument.
Hussin
Not your problem, I simply wanted to let you know the non -compatibility of the 2 engines not knowing you meant an APV, then the craziness started. It's done.

Again, why would any one assume a 1995 Lumina was an APV, ridiculous!! Who cares about " catching" an error, again ridiculous, the issue was about parts exchange, period. <clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada> wrote in message

clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada wrote:

There is no such thing as a 1992 Pontiac Transsport minivan. There is no such thing as a 1995 Chevy Lumina minivan.
There is such a thing as a 1992 Pontiac Trans Sport minivan. There is such a thing as a 1995 Chevy Lumina APV minivan.
If the OP wants help, the least he can do is clearly communicate the model(s) of vehicle in question.
On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 00:57:10 -0400, "Hussin"

The system needs to be evacuated, on on a TransSport every job requires double-jointed elbows and wrists and a double dose of patience. Mine did me a favour and died spectacularly 2 weeks ago - so I'll NEVER be forced to work on one again. HORAY!!!!!!!!!
"clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada" wrote in message wrote:

I'm hardly double jointed. I thought it would be worth a try. Oh well. I guess I'll just pay someone else to do it.
Thanks,
Hussin
Hussin wrote:

Wasn't 92 R-12 and 95 R-134a ?
Careful here, you may start something by not reading the OP! BTW you are correct.