AC Fan inoperatve

  1. Recently, when I select low to mid high (2-4) on the ac fan control, neither the fan nor the ac light come on. Also when the fan is selctedin these posititions, the auto running lights and rear defroster turn off. The fan control switch, rear defroster, and auto headlights are on the same fuse. This was an intermittent problem until recently.

  1. A possibly related problem is that in position 5 (high) the fan hasn't worked for over a year, but the ac engages.

I suspect a relay problem for 1-4 and a switch or resistor problem for problem 2. What is the best way to troubleshoot. Would a computer read indicate the problem or systematically finding th erelays adn replacing them be the answer. Also, how hard is it to take the dash panel off and replace the ac control switch?

Reply to
c_20c