auto-dim rearview mirror liquid problem

my '98 GTP's auto dim rearview mirror is problematic. it's got about 4 square inches of translucent fluid showing right under the glass. i
recently took the car in for service and upon its return noticed this problem. before i ask the shop to replace my mirror, i'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if there are any quick/easy fixes. it has been unbelievably hot where i live lately--could that be affecting the mirror?
thanks in advance, all.