Brake light wire

I am installing a licence plate with scrolling message feature. I need to find out the colour of the positive and negative wires on the vehicle.

2000 Grand AM GT

thanks Bernie

Reply to
wally

Those things and even plain license plate frames are illegal in many states.

Reply to
weird

Yes, I knew that! Not illegal so far in Alberta yet. Anyone know about wiring?

Reply to
Stevie

One is red, the other is black.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Assuming this is going on the rear of the vehicle, light blue is your brake, black is your ground.

Reply to
jd2579