CD-player in a Pontiac Bonneville -90

Hello.

I live in sweden and I have a Pontiac Bonneville -90. It has the original casette-stereo mounted. I wonder if anyone know how I can do to get a CD-player in my car. I am quite happy with the speakers så it is just the CD I am looking for. Pioneer has two models (DEHP47DH and DEHP77DHR) that are GM-fit and would be easy to install, but the tuner doesn't come with swedish/european standard... Anyone know if it is possible to modify? Or do any of you know of a better solution? I am looking for the exact functionality as the original, but with a CD. It wouldnt be a problem to install any regular CD, but then the controls in the steering-wheel wouldnt work, and here in sweden all the stereos on the market is 1din, not 1,5din.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

/Fredrik, Sweden

Reply to
Fredrik Forsberg

Pontiac did offer an optional UA1 AM - FM CD stereo with equalizer in

1991. Not sure how easy it would be to locate a used one if you were interested in a factory radio.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~259,100 miles_~_~~_
Reply to
Harry Face

What is the frequency stepping in Sweden?

If listening to CDs is all that is desired perhaps an FM modulated CD stacker is an option?

Nick.

Reply to
Nick Trounson

We have a 0,1 stepping..... For what I have understood the american stepping is 0,2 so that only odd frequencied (99,9 100,1 100,3) can be used. Not

100.0.... Correct me if I am wrong.

Well, I have tried FM modulated CD and it wasnt as good as I expected. So that is not an option.

/F

Reply to
Fredrik Forsberg

Oh...

If playing CDs is all it'll be doing the Pioneer is a great buy, but as a tuner its useless.

I had a Pioneer DEH-P59DH in my Fiero, the sound quality was excellent and CD playing was primo, but the tuner was unuseable for that very reason - the .2MHZ stepping - NZ uses the 0.1MHZ system too.

I investigated a frequency adapter but you can't get a crystal low enough to pull it off.

Nick.

Reply to
Nick Trounson