confused(abs system problem)

my abs light has been on for some time now with the diagnosis (without taking it in yet for scan)from people being everything from a abs module to a wheel sensor.thing is i don't understand in trying to understand how the sensors work is:the abs light does not come on when you first start car or even go forward in gear till about 5 minutes later into driving,it does not go on in reverse at all,only forward,and i discovered today by mistake that if you drive the car in 1st,2nd,or 3rd gear it stays off,put the car in (D)drive and boom it right away will go on once car moves,i have droven the car in the first three gears for some time and pick up speed and it will stay off,put it in drive and the abs light comes on,is this some kind of sign that is a diffenent problem to go to,if not of course i will probally take it in,but maybe,just maybe this means something like a diffenent thing to go after,just hoping i guess.

Reply to
robert -wanda fox

robert -wanda fox

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Mine does the same thing I have had my car tested and nothing is wrong with it so I just don't worry about it.

Reply to
liz26yrs

Reply to
robert -wanda fox

That's because the ABS system on your car was designed to detect low voltage. So if you have an alternator problem, often you get the ABS light coming on. I've run into a number of these types of problems....it's often hard to get the customer to understand. "Yes, but I brought it in for the "ABS" light being one"......"I know, but the code indicates low system voltage, your alternator is toast"....."What?...that doesn't seem right to me".....etc.

As far as the ABS light, you are just guessing until you get it scanned.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai