GP Transmission

Just got my GP and now there might be a problem already.

It shifts (auto) ok from 1st. to 2nd. 2nd. to 3rd. is a slide. 3rd. to OD is a long slide. The car is a Supercharged 3800 Daytona (GTP) My question is. Are there any adjustments that can be made to make the shifts more solid , or do I need to have the tranny rebuilt?

Thanks willy

Reply to
Willy Wanka

Change the fluid first and see if that helps if not then take it to the dealer and have him run it for codes. Mine was doing the same thing @ 59K mi. and it was a module. About $150. Better than a rebuild.

Reply to
tony kujawa

Thanks I'll have the fluid changed first. It seems to get worse the more it warms up.

Willy

Reply to
Willy Wanka

They replaced the fluid, filter and thermostat. No cost 'cause I just got the car. It's better. but still not right. They said to drive it a few days and see if it gets better. I seriously doubt if it will heal itself. I just have to be sure I don't go past the 30 day warranty.

Willy

Reply to
Willy Wanka