crank sensoe stuck

i was tryin to take the crank sensor out on my 93 pontiac grand prix and i got the bolt out and teisted it and the top broke off. now the other half is still in the engine. any ideas on how to get it out. theres nothing to grab. i got a self drilling screw and got it in there and tried to grab it and pull it out with a pliers but there isnt much room. any easier ways to do this.

Reply to
dunny2484

About the only easy way to do this is to remove the oil pan and push it inside. I've had to do this a couple of times.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

"" wrote: > i was tryin to take the crank sensor out on my 93 pontiac > grand prix and i > got the bolt out and teisted it and the top broke off. now > the other half > is still in the engine. any ideas on how to get it out. > theres nothing to > grab. i got a self drilling screw and got it in there and > tried to grab it > and pull it out with a pliers but there isnt much room. any > easier ways to > do this.

Is the sensor on the side of the block just above the oil pan?? If so only other option is to remove the pan and knock it on through.Take a long screwdriver and a hammer and on the crank side knock it out.Only way I have been able to do them when they break like that.

Reply to
Shakes73