Crazy Blower - 97 Grand Prix

I have a 97 GP GT. Reciently the controls for Air/heat have been a little crazy. It started out only working on high fan...so off through fan speed 4 did nothing and 5 worked fine. Then high wouldn't work from time to time....it would just stop blowing and then start up again a few minutes later. It has progressed again. Now with the fan control on "OFF" it just starts blowing as if it is on high. Even when I shut the car off and take out the key the blow keeps running. The only way to stop it is to unplug 2

60A fuses at the same time.

I have scheduled an appointment with the pontiac dealer for Monday morning. I was hoping I might get a little advise on this problem before I got there.

Reply to
JonH

Blower relay burned shut. Possible burned out resistor - not enough info to say for sure.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=

Are relays and resistors expensive to fix?

Reply to
JonH

I don't know where they are located on your car but costs should run about $50 (US) for each part and $100-150 to put each in.