Cruise Controll not working

My 2000 Grand AM cruise control stopped working. The led light on the steering wheel does not light up. Any ideas?

Reply to
irazack

Doesn't cruise control work through/with vacuum lines?

Just a thought....

Reply to
RKELC

Check the cruise control fueses.

Reply to
80 Knight

Right side of I/P fuse panel. CRUISE 10A and CRUISE SW 2A.

Reply to
johnoz19

The fuses were replaced already. Any other ideas?

Reply to
irazack

There are two brake switches near the top of the brake pedal. The power from the 10A fuse goes through the switch on the right. Battery voltage comes in the brown wire and supplies power to the purple wire. With the brake pedal in the rest position, the button on the switch is pushed in and

12v goes through. You should be able to measure voltage at both wires. When you step on the brake the circuit is off (with the button out). If the button is not fully pressed, with the brake pedal up, it may need adjustment. To remove or adjust, turn the switch counterclockwise. The brake light circuit also sends power to the cruise module. So if your brake lights are on all of the time, your cruise will not work either.

Reply to
johnoz19

Hmmm..sounds like it may possibly be broke.

Reply to
Smartie Panse