discourtesy circuit problem

my 89 6000 LE has a problem with the courtesy circuit. after blowing half a dozen fuses, i finally decided to disconnect the cigar lighter. problem solved, until i decided to test the horn (which also, mysteriously, didnt work). couldnt figure out that one, as the haynes manual (!) conveniently left out the horn section on the wiring diagram (along with no mention whatsoever of "horn" in the manual - like they didnt exist!)

now i'm scrambling to figure out exactly *where* the horn is in the car, along with the horn relay, so i can test them.

rec.autos.tec, i remember reading about someone who found their courtesy fuse kept blowing in an 85 cutlass due to the emergency brake cable rubbing against a wiring harness, and incidentally, my emergency brake indicator is always on.. i wonder if there's a possible correlation. any help would be appreciated, and may haynes rot in the ash heap.

-- Brought to you courtesy of Kozanski's Morgue & Grill

Reply to
Solomon Kozanski