Do EGR Valves stick?

Sometimes I get pinging under load even from the same tank of gas. Over the last month or so I have been getting some pinging. The other day I was driving and getting no pinging at all, then today the pinging is back even with the same tank of gas. Does this sound like an EGR problem?

Reply to
Mike Santini

Scott

Correction, sir. A sticky (non functioning) EGR CAN cause engine ping. Sticking open causes stalling and rough running, while no EGR causes high NOx and engine ping under light load. Can also extend to heavy load on some engines.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

A sticking EGR should throw a SES light mine did.

Reply to
slicker

Reply to
markwb

So you think I have a Bad EGR? Would it be intermittent?

Reply to
Mike Santini

Reply to
markwb