EGR Valve check

Hi,

Is there a way to test the erg valve?

Could a misfunctioning egr be the cause of the problem that my car doesn't run smoothly around 2500 rpm?

Regards, Frans

Pontac TransSport 3.8V6 (95 build)

Reply to
Frans

Not likely. Bad (stuck open) EGRs usually cause problems at idle. If it is stuck closed, you may get a hot running engine, or poor mileage, or fail an emissions test (or maybe other things not on the top of my head). Different types of valves require different tests.

Reply to
LandB

Thanks!

I replace the previous EGR last Feb and I was just w>Not likely. Bad (stuck open) EGRs usually cause problems at idle. If it

Reply to
Frans