Fitting a TH-200-4R to a 1976 Pontiac V8

I've currently got the stock TH-350 fitted to my 400 V8 but would like to change it for a 4 speed auto. Can anyone point me in the right direction regarding what trans to use and how to complete the conversion.

Thanks Steve

Reply to
Steve Brown

There's a company that makes adapters to convert the Chebbie bellhousing bolt pattern on a 200-4R or 700-R4 to the Buick-Olds-Pontiac bolt pattern on the engine. I don't know the name but if you do some searching on Yahoo or Google you should find it pretty easy.

I'd go with a 700-R4 beefed up with Corvette internals. Pontiacs are known for torque and I don't know how well the 200-4R will take it over the long run.

Reply to
Dennis Smith