Front End Problem - 98 Bonneville SE

Any suggestions?

Driver side - front end bouncing/vibrating all the way through the steering wheel at speeds from 50 - 80 with the problem being felt more at lower speeds in the 50-60 range.

The wheels have been balanced/rotated & the alignment is correct.

I've been advised for 1k the struts can be changed (both sides need replacement), but does anyone concur or is this a scam?

Is it possible that a loose motor mount could cause a shake that powerful to vibrate through the steering & make the hood flutter a bit too. We had the motor replaced at 50k by GM & the car now has 105k on it, but it seems like it's been doing this for 2 years now.

Struts are good for about 65k miles. Your car is 40k overdue. It's a wonder a wheel has not come off. Always replace both sides. If you have normal suspension, cost should be around $100-$200 per strut. The rear struts on your car also last 65k miles.

Reply to
« Paul »