G6 Coupe......

EWW-LA-LA!!! SWEET!!

I saw my first G6 Coupe today. I LIKE!

It was a G6 GTP at the local Pontiac Dealer. You go GM....finely a new car I am excited about. I was real bummed they don't offer the Grand Prix in 2 door.

Now I can quit looking at the Accord 2 door and Solaras. I think I'll stick with Pontiac..;)

Thomas "91 Grand Prix Coupe. 165K

Reply to
Thomas

Yes. Its a decent looking car and the price is ok. Too bad they still use the 60 degree base engine. It should be good for a couple of years though.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

whats wrong with a 60 degree engine, its naturally balanced, less parts = good.

Reply to
Paradox

Leaking intake manifold =3D new engine at 60k miles unless it is caught i= n time.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

Leaking intake manifold = new engine at 60k miles unless it is caught in time.

Reply to
Bryan Lee

What do you mean? Do you mean ALL people, some people, GM owners, Ford owners, Canadians ... ???

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

Leaking intake manifold = new engine at 60k miles unless it is caught in time.

Thought they fixed that.

Reply to
Paradox

Replaced my gasket at about 100k miles. I was pissed to find this problem existed in the 3.1, 3.4 and 3.8 and went unadressed for over 10 years. That in itself is unexceptable. The question is will the 3.5 and 3.9 have the same problem 4 years from now?

Reply to
C.D. Burner

Nope. The basic engine design has not changed since the 2.8. A new gasket won't change a poorly designed head/intake mating area.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

I currently own a 97 GA with over 125k miles and I must admit its been a great car with very few problems even though I did get hit with an $850 bill when my intake gaskets started to leak. The thing that pissed me off is that GM has known about these failures for years and did not address them. I like my car but GM needs new people to make better decisions. I also dont like the designs that GM is now putting out, they are ugly and boring cars. The Solstice and some of the Caddys seem to be anything with some appeal. Now I was once a GM fan when they were putting a classic mean machines with attitude like the 69 Chevelles, the old GTOs, 442s even the big lead sleds and big boats like the old Buick Electra 225 that used to float down the road. Sure they didnt hold up as well as todays technologies allow but they did have class, style and attitude. GM has lost that.

Reply to
C.D. Burner

Well if you like the Solara, you will like the G6, looks almost like an American Copy.

Reply to
C.D. Burner

'97 GA here, with 75K miles and no leakage so far (knocking wood so hard the neighbors just yelled, "Come in!"). I previously had an '86 6000LE that was not so great to look at, but had the nicest ride ever and was reliable and fun to drive.

I actually like the look of the G6, but remember, I drove a 6000 for a long time.

Really, though, there aren't a lot of companies out there making stylish and/or classy cars. I'm not letting GM off the hook (though I do like the Solstice enough that I'm considering buying one if I can find one), but most of the cars these days are bland and uninteresting. Some of Dodge's line has a pleasantly retro look as do some of Infiniti's, but I'm not sure if I want a Dodge and I know I'm not spending $45K+ on anything I can't live in!

Reply to
REP