Gasket difference?

What is the difference between lower intake gaskets for 3.1 engines, made by ACDelco(original and revised) and ones made by FelPro(1st and

2nd revision)?
Reply to
ff

Probably nothing, but I'd have to see a picture of the FelPro second design to be able to judge. FelPro probably makes the GM gaskets anyway.

Revised torque is 132 inch/lbs on the

4 center bolts (same as before), and the same torque for the 4 end bolts, then take the 4 end bolts to 18 ft/lbs. Use new intake bolts that GM now supplies. They come with the proper amount/quality of loctite already installed on the bolts.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

shiden_Kai said

Ian,

I asked about this when recently doing my 99 Monte 3100. The parts guy said the "new bolts" thing was only for the 3400. Did the parts guy hose me?

Reply to
none

Its pretty much the same block, it certainly couldn't hurt.

Reply to
Paradox

We use the new bolts on either the 3100 or the 3400 engines.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

shiden_Kai said

Thanks. I use the original bolts but I added my own threadlocker. I think I'll be fine. (For 30K-50k miles, of course) ;-)

Reply to
none

Yeah, that works fine too. When the updated gaskets came out, there were no new bolts available. So we just continued to clean the old bolts and add threadlocker. Either way works fine.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai