Grand Prix 2003 remote car starter

I am looking to install a remote car starter myself for my 2003 Grand Prix SE. I wanted to know if there is any compatability issues with the built in anti theft stuff and what to do to resolve those. Thanks

Reply to
spidy

Hi, I installed a starter in my 2000 GP SE last weekend. I had to buy a separate module to bypass the theft system. You have to get a spare key and insert it into the module and wrap the module wire around the ignition. I tried starting the car without the module but it wouldn't start. I bought the starter and the module at Wal-Mart.

Reply to
Jeff MacDonald

i wouldnt waste time installing one or interfere with the factory alarm system

Reply to
Nascar24Rulz