keyless remote programming

I am trying to find out if there is any way to program the keyless remote to my 06 Grand Prix other than taking it to the dealer, I would prefer to do it myself.

Reply to
jimmybob

Mike Levy

Call around with your local shops. There is a good chance that there is a local shop with a Tech 2.

Reply to
scrapir

Thanks, looks like I'll take it in!!!

Reply to
jimmybob

see if your local automotive school has one. the one here does and they work on your car for the price of parts.

Reply to
LandB

The tech-II is different from what the parts store has. The parts store has a universal code scanner. The Tech-II is a computer designed by and for GM to assist in re-programming/updating the programming of vehicles and all the associated on-board computers.

The tool needs to be capable of 2-way communication with the BCM, not possible with an ECM code scanning and clearing computer.

Reply to
Mike Levy

Yes I know what the Tech 2 is. You can do all sorts of fun things with it. What do you think the small shops are going to do when they need to bleed the brakes on a newer chevy pickup but don't have a tech 2. Sucks to be them.

Reply to
scrapir

I was explaining it for the other poster who seemed to think AutoZone would have the equipment needed to re-program the RKE remote.

Reply to
Mike Levy