Heeelllllllpp!

I own a 1992 Pontiac Grand Prix 3.1 Liter engine. I just had an engine installed and my car still wont start. I have replace misc. parts, fuel pump etc. Had a tune-up and it still wont start. it cranks but wont turn over. then my battery drains. Is this the Alternator. Can some one please tell me what could be the problem with this car. The engine sounds great for the short time it is on. when i let off the ignition the car dies. I have tried every thing and now it still wont run please help me.

Reply to
wmitchell381

Shep

i dont know about any of these things but the so called mechanics that are working on it are stumped. all i know is everything on the engine is pretty much new the fuel system, the the plugs wires, filters etc. the fuses and sensors are okay. but it wont turn over.

Reply to
wmitchell381

i dont know about any of these things but the so called mechanics that are working on it are stumped. all i know is everything on the engine is pretty much new the fuel system, the the plugs wires, filters etc. the fuses and sensors are okay. but it wont turn over.

Reply to
wmitchell381

Reply to
Shep

I agree. We can't really help. Get somebody to help there in Real Life instead.

Traditionally, when a car won't start, you look to see if the spark plugs are sparking at the proper time. Mechanics will know to do that that.

Reply to
Joe

Make sure *all* the sensors are plugged in properly. I did an engine swap on my '91 Grand Prix a couple of years ago (it had the 3.1L V6 as well). We were completely done, and all she would do is crank over. We checked EVERYTHING, and then we checked it again, and didn't notice anything. Then, I happened to be under the Grand Prix, wile my dad's Pontiac 6000 was in front of me, and I noticed a sensor wire on his car that I didn't remember hooking up on mine. Tracked it down (under the engine), plugged it in, and she fired right up. Sorry, its been too long so I don't remember which sensor it was, but get your mechanics to check them all again.

Reply to
80 Knight