Leaf spring pads

Hi to all I have a 96 grand prix with the composite transverse leaf spring. The rubber isolator pads at the end of the spring are shot. I found some nylon pucks as an aftermarket solution. They are (moog k6544) (trw cc104) or (napa 274 7050), and there may be other makers as well. My understanding is that you must scrape off the old rubber pad (glued on) and slip the aftermarket part under the spring.

Has anyone ever done this ? How hard is it to get enough clearance under the leaf spring in order to scrape off rubber and install part ? Moog website mentions removing old rubber first. (please see links)

I need to know how to safely do this, and where and what I need to jack up.

Please help me to understand what to do Thanks Mike

Reply to
Mike