Lesson be learned

Hello group,

I thought I would share this with you all because in the past this group has greatly helped me to resolve an issue I had with my car. It is now fixed and once again thanks guys.

The story.

So here we are, back in July of this year I took my car to Speedy auto repair service to have my car looked because my ETS was disabled and my engine light was on. Being that this place was close to work and all I took it their thinking that it was just a minor problem which it was it turned out it was the 02 sensor. This was fine I said replace it with a GM part, a couple of weeks later the engine light came on and the ETS was again disabled. I took my car back and they said they would check it again the same error codes came up again. They had told me that it may be another problem not related to 02 problem and that I should consider taking my car up to one of there more advanced locations because the other location had better diagnostic equipment. I then asked the tech to reset the error codes so everything would function as normal before I take it up to this other location. Not even a week later the same engine light came on and the ETS disabled again. At this point I was so pissed off because now I had to book an appointment with the so called better location which was going to run me another $65.00 Canadian to go through the same BS that I originally paid for. So what I did it look through the local news groups of a recommended shop in my area besides the dealer and I came across a post of this shop called "Goldsmith Automotive" located in Surrey BC, Canada. I decided that enough was enough with the crap from Speedy and chance "Goldsmith Automotive" This is not a sales pitch but this guy knows more about my car then GM knows. The whole problem was that Speedy never put in a GM part and used some cheap OS sensor from Joe blow. And a interesting fact for all you Canadians who own a 1997 Pontiac Grand AM se 2.4L with the Canadian Omissions system the motor only has one sensor and not two like GM thinks off the top of there head. There is a big difference with the model that has two sensors one is $240.00 Canadian and the other is $71.00 Canadian and if you own a car like mine you are lucky it will cost you $71.00 + labor which is about $156.00 to diagnose the true problem and the part. The other thing is GM's code for this particular model of car it says it has two 02 sensors when it does not it only has one sensor which is $71.00 dollars. I want to that all of you once again for your help because without your answers to my questions I would be FOOKED. Come tomorrow I will be demanding my money back from Speedy which was $177.00 Canadian with no real answers to my problem and passing the buck. And thank god for leading me to Goldsmith who has a logical answer for my problem and investigating the problem and not just procrastinating.

Thanks ,

Vex

Reply to
Vex

Late Sunday night on a snowy blustery night in Canada, a brick through Speedy's window is sweet revenge, if you get no satiafaction otherwise.

Harry Face

This is probably a dumb question, but what is an ETS?

Reply to
Sting Ray