Make my car start!!!

I have a 92 grand am that seems to only not start when its hot...The battery is fine and the alternator is fine, but when I turn the key, it doesn?t want to start. I can jump it or push start it and its fine. Or I can wait anywhere from thrity seconds to two hours. What gives?

Also, the low coolant light just burnt out from being constantly on for almost six months. I put coolant in there and I don?t see any leaks, but it seems to dissapear in a few days. I can tell because the heater either takes forever to spit out hot air or doesn?t at all.

Now-the car?s tempurature gauge is going all crazy going up and down...

The best part is-I?m still paying for this car!

What is going on with it??? :evil: [/b]

Reply to
hatemycar

You don't say what engine you have, but I suspect you have a blown head gasket. When stopped hot at least one cyl gets loaded with antifreeze and it partially hydro-locs. (enough that the starter can't crank it over).

Looks like you'll be paying for it a while longer if you want to drive it.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

Sounds like a blown head gasket or cracked head. Your choice is either fix it or junk it.

Reply to
« Paul =?is

"hatemycar" wrote: > I have a 92 grand am that seems to only not start when its hot > or the car has been on (though sometimes it will just surprise > me going to the store durning the winter)...The battery is > fine and the alternator is fine, but when I turn the key, it > doesn't want to start. No clicks or anything. I can jump it > or push start it and I'm on my way, but I have a seven month > old in the back seat most of the time, so you can imagine it > limits me from venturing out. Or I can wait anywhere from > thrity seconds to two hours for it to finally want to go. What > gives? > > Also, the low coolant light just burnt out from being > constantly on for almost six months. It used to not even turn > off when I did put coolant in there. I put coolant in there > almost everyday. There is a leak, but I can't tell where its > coming from. I can tell when there is no more coolant > because the heater either takes forever to spit out hot air or > doesn't at all. > > Now-the car's tempurature gauge is going all crazy going up > and down... > > The best part is-I'm still paying for this car! 8O > > What is going on with it??? :evil: > [color=darkred:c5d9b67abe][/color:c5d9b67abe]

more then likely its a blowen head gasket

Reply to
bobparsons

Dear hate my car,

try following down the radiator hoses first. find the thermostat and check for leaks around the area, also make sure the water and oil are not mixing. you can do this simply by looking on the oil dip stick and make sure the oil is not milky looking,( like chocolate milk almost.) cause that would mean your head gasket is blown on your heads are cracked. Hopefully that isn't the problem. check the water pump for leaks and proper operation, finally you need to pull the heater core out from under the dash. it's probably clogged or leakin very slowly. Oh, and check to make sure your starter is not worn, cause when they get old, they get hot, they drag on starts until cooled. GOOD LUCK, I HOPE THIS INFO, WILL HELP.

Reply to
skinny32