My latest Grand Prix fix

Ok, so after getting a new head gasket for $1400 on my 1991 Grand Prix, now I need a new manifold sensor: $100 parts and labor (oh, and it took a $100 diagnostic charge to find that out).

Ok, I still like my Grand Prix.

So much that I want to keep it running another year and get a brand new one.

I'm sold on Pontiac!

Reply to
John A. Bailo

You may wish you still had you 91 if you get the new one. You better go sit in a new. It's shrunk alot since 91 - especially in the headroom area due to the rounded off roof line.

I know a few who find the rear seat unbearable to ride in on a long distance trip, plus the high rear window line gives rear seat passengers one hell of a sunburn.

You may also find the standard DRL's, Auto Headlamp's and OnStar, annoying.

Good Luck,

Harryface

05 Park Avenue, 33,175 91 Bonneville LE 305,279
Reply to
Harry Face

Thanks for the tip -- there is a lot about the 91 I like.

I think once I get the manifold sensor replaced, that should be it for a while.

Of course, it would be really nice if I got the whole interior re-uphostered.

I'm try> You may wish you still had you 91 if you get the new one. You better go

Reply to
John A. Bailo

Let me know what you find out. My 91 GP GTP has a couple of minor tears where the leather meets the cloth and I wouldn't mind getting them fixed.

All in all, I love it. It's a smooth, powerful ride and the insides are surprisingly comfy. Now, all I need to do is figure out how to change the miles in the HUD and trip computer to kilometers and I'll be happy. :-)

Also, if anyone knows about body kits, ground effects of spoilers for the w-body, please let me know!

Reply to
scironi