New Fuel Filter?

While having the oil changed on my '01 Grand Prix V6 the mechanic said the fuel filter needs to be changed as the car has 30,000 mi. on it. That seems unusual to me. I don't see anything in the manual about it.

Anyone have any info or opinion on this?

Best, Clarence

Reply to
Clarence

As with any car, there are always recommendations as to when you should change filters, rotate tires and etc. Things like oil and tranny filters you would want to do to keep your car in a long healthy life. I wouldn't worry about the fuel filter unless you get sand in your tank or your car gets alot higher miles on it. They may be just after your money, but at any rate you will be just fine not messing with it.

Reply to
GT Grand Prix 00