New guy from Pa. needs help.

Hello everyone.. Jimmy D. Sr. here.

I need some help please!=85do we have any auto machanics in this group familier with Olds? I was going to get my car inspected today and noticed before making the appointment, my horn don't work. It must work,or it won't pass inspection here in Pa. When I press my horn button,I hear a 'clicking' sound coming from under the dash below the glove box. But the horn does not work at all. hmm. =85Any ideas? It's a 1987 Olds Cutlass Ciera SL.

Please e-mail me. ground_zero snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net Thanks! .... JD

Reply to
Jimmy D.

That's the relay (I believe)...you may have a rotted out horn (salt on winter roads in PA?), Corroded wire on the horn, or an unplugged horn.

Reply to
Mark Keeling

No. You want an answer, hang around, hear the replies, and THANK whoever gives you the fix. Must be a n00b WebTV asshole. Hasn't managed to turn on the music and html BS yet. I hope he know how mail filters work. ROFLMAO

Reply to
FBR

If you hear a click under the steering wheel (thats the relay) then its the horn itself that isn't working. Usually they are mounted down behind the front bumper area. If you go to a part store and get a replacement you will see what one looks like. Sometimes you have to do some modifcations to get a replacement to work, (sometimes the wires don't match).

Reply to
blah